To make Malaysia the centre of excellence for the commodity sector and as a major producer of higher value-added commodity-based products in the global markets.
To ensure Malaysia's international competitiveness in the commodity-based industries and their contribution towards national development.
- To maximize the contribution of the commodity-based industries to national income including GDP and foreign exchange earnings.
- To make Malaysia a centre of excellence in R&D, technology and services in commodity-based industries.
- To increase the efficiency, productivity, quality and sustainability of primary industries based on K-economy.
- To enhance marketing capabilities in order to increase market share particularly in niche markets.
- To formulate policies and strategies for the overall development of the plantation and the commodity sectors.
- To supervise agencies under the Ministry on management and implementation of plantation and commodities development programs.