The Internal Audit Unit (UAD) of the Ministry of Plantation Industries and Commodities (MPIC) was established in 2000 in accordance with Treasury Circular No. 2 of 1979. UAD was established to provide support services to the management and is directly responsible to the Secretary General of MPIC. The roles and responsibilities of the UAD have been reviewed and adapted to current developments in line with Treasury Circular PS 3.1/2013. Internal audit is an independent function, which provides assurance and consulting services objectively to add value and improve the level of operations of the organization.
The objective of the UAD is to help MPIC to achieve its goals through a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and determine the effectiveness of all control and governance processes.
UAD is responsible for conducting financial management and performance audits.
A Financial Management audit includes an examination of the financial system, internal controls and financial records to determine whether expenses, revenue, assets and stores have been managed in accordance with relevant laws, regulations and directives.
Performance auditing involves the evaluation of an organization's activities to determine if its goals have been achieved and resources are used prudently, efficiently and effectively.
1. Submit the Annual Audit Plan to the Malaysian Treasury no later than 31 January each year.
2. Submit the Annual Report to the Malaysian Treasury no later than 31 March of each subsequent year.
3. The Audit Committee shall meet at least 4 times a year.
4. A copy of the minutes of the Audit Committee Meeting shall be sent to the Malaysian Treasury every quarter, no later than 15 April, 15 July, 15 October and 15 January of the following year.
5. Perform auditing in a professional and quality manner based on generally accepted auditing standards.
2021 ACTIVITY PLAN
1. Financial Auditing
- Financial Management Audit - MPIC
- Audit of Allocation Management to Agencie
- Follow-up Auditing
- Surprise Inspection Audit - MPIC
- Verification of Asset Balance As at 31 December 2020 - MPIC
- Verification of Asset Balance As of 30 June 2021 - MPIC
- Confirmation of Accounts Receivable As at 31 December 2020 - MPIC
- Confirmation of Accounts Receivable As of 30 June 2021 - MPIC
2, Procurement Auditing
- Equipment Purchase Management - Lembaga Kenaf dan Tembakau Negara (LKTN)
3. Performance Auditing
- Production Capacity Enhancement Project at SME Bumiputra Woodworking Factory
- Construction of an Integrated Advanced Rubber Processing Center in Kota Tinggi
4. ICT Auditing
- Development of Commodity Data Sharing Platform - MPIC
- In 2020, UAD MPIC has successfully implemented 8 out of 14 audit activities according to the approved plan. While 6 other auditing activities have been postponed to 2021 due to coronavirus outbreak (Covid-19).
- In accordance with the requirements of Treasury Circular PS 3.1, UAD has complied with the rules by sending the UAD 2021 Annual Plan and UAD 2020 Annual Report on 14 January 2021 and 31 March 2021 to the Treasury, respectively.
- UAD has also successfully held JKA Meetings in 2020 four (4) times as follows:
AUDIT COMMITTEE MEETING 2020