MALAYSIA INTERNATIONAL AGRICOMMODITY EXPO AND SUMMIT 2022
(MIACES) AS GLOBAL HUB OF AGRICOMMODITY INDUSTRY PLAYERS
1. YAB Dato' Sri Ismail Sabri bin Yaakob, Prime Minister today officiated the Malaysia International Agricommodity Expo and Summit 2022 (MIACES) which will start from 26TH to 28TH July 2022 at MITEC, Kuala Lumpur and involve participation from 39 countries and over 350 international companies.
2. MIACES is organized by the Ministry of Plantation Industries and Commodities (MPIC) with the support of agencies and councils under the Ministry. MIACES 2022 is a medium of strengthening the network of cooperation between agricommodity players to build a network of transactions as well as explore potential investments in the agricommodity sector. It also opens up the space and potential for industry players to penetrate the international market in a conducive business environment.
3. The expo and summit, which runs for three (3) days today, features the latest commodity products, services and plantation technology under one roof. Various other events were also organised such as conferences, roundtable discussions, business to business (B2B) meetings and prestigious awards nights in recognition of the industry players contribution.
4. MIACES 2022 helps bridge the gap between industry players, accelerating digitalization to build a sustainable ecosystem to improve quality. The expo and summit also enable industry players in each agricommodity network to transact and collaborate in the same hub.
5. Not only that, MIACES 2022 featured a 'Hosted Buyer' Programme that helps entrepreneurs expand their business model and open up opportunities to connect with leaders in the agricommodity sector. The B2B Virtual MIACES platform offers a one-on-one session with exporters, distributors, importers, investors, manufacturers, retailers, merchants, wholesalers and government bodies and agencies.
6. A total of 20 speakers will be involved in mentoring and coaching sessions for startups in the plantation and commodity industries, as well as recruitment, training and upskilling sessions for all. Special Farmers Day during the expo and summit also provides an opportunity for farmers to obtain information on the latest incentives, support and technologies in the industry.
7. All parties are invited to attend MIACES to support the country's agricommodity industry. For more information and pre-registration for activities, visit myagricommodity.com. Admission is free for all visitors.
MINISTRY OF PLANTATION INDUSTRIES AND COMMODITIES
26TH JULY 2022