- The Cocoa and Pepper Industry Development Division (IKL) is established after the rebranding of Ministry of Primary Industries (MPI) to the Ministry of Plantation Industries and Commodities (MPIC) in 2004.
- The IKL division plays an important role in developing the cocoa and pepper industry at the domestic and international levels.
Function & Role
- Review existing policies, strategies, programs, laws and regulations in line with the current needs of the cocoa and pepper industry.
- Monitor activities carried out by the Malaysian Cocoa Board (MCB) and the Malaysian Pepper Board (MPB).
- Coordinate and evaluate the implementation of development projects for the cocoa and pepper industry carried out by MPIC, MC and MPB
- Coordinate and participate in technical and trade promotion missions.
- Attend conferences, seminars and workshops at the national and international levels
- To update information related to the cocoa and pepper industry for formulation, planning and implementation of policies and strategies for the development of the industry.
- Supervise general operations by LKM and MPB in accordance with the Rules and Laws, Circulars and other instructions issued by the Government.
- Monitor and formulate strategies in addressing issues related to trade and non-trade barriers imposed on the cocoa and pepper industry
- Participate in International Organizations of which Malaysia is a member: i. International Cocoa Organization (ICCO) ii. International Pepper Community (IPC) iii. ASEAN Cocoa Club (ACC)