ADVANCING AGRICOMMODITY SECTOR IN A SUSTAINABLE
ECOSYSTEM AT MALAYSIA INTERNATIONAL AGRICOMMODITY
EXPO AND SUMMIT (MIACES)
1. Minister of Plantation Industries and Commodities, YB Datuk Hajah Zuraida Kamaruddin, officiated the soft launch of the Malaysia International Agricommodity Expo and Summit 2022 (MIACES 2022) held at Malaysia International Trade and Exhibition Centre (MITEC) Kuala Lumpur today.
2. MIACES 2022 could not have been organized at a better time as the anticipated openings for the Agricommodity sector to further flourish in the global market. It will be the premier event in the calendar of Agricommodity and primary industries internationally, scheduled to be held from 26-28 July this year at MITEC.
3. Organized by the Ministry of Plantation, Industries, and Commodities (MPIC) and anchored by the Malaysian Rubber Council (MRC), Malaysian Palm Oil Council (MPOC) and Malaysian Timber Council (MTC), MIACES 2022 is expected to create opportunities to expand to new markets for Agricommodity exports.
4. The event comprises three days expo, summit, ministerial roundtable, and award night to appreciate the industry practitioners putting their efforts in uplifting the industries. It will showcase 250 companies, 500 trade delegates, 10,000 visitors to attend this three-day event, and MOUs are anticipated to be signed and witnessed by our distinguished dignitaries locally and internationally. It will also showcase the latest equipment, machinery, and technology.
5. The Ministry believes that agricommodity sector could grow into a stronger economic contributor by increasing agricommodity industry players, producers, investors, stakeholders and advancing sustainable primary production here in Malaysia. MPIC intends to grow a cluster of large agricommodity firms that can take on the world and build on Malaysia’s agricommodity strength.
MINISTRY OF PLANTATION INDUSTRIES AND COMMODITIES
23 March 2022