INTERNATIONAL RUBBER INDUSTRY CONVENTION AND EXPO IN MALAYSIA TO RENOWED MALAYSIAN RUBBER MADE PRODUCTS
1. Minister of Plantation Industries and Commodities Malaysia, YB Datuk Hajah Zuraida Kamaruddin launched the International Rubber Industry Convention and Expo 2022 (IRICE 2022) today at One World Hotel, Petaling Jaya
. 2. IRICE 2022 is held in conjunction with the 10th International Rubber Glove Conference and Exhibition 2022 (IRGCE 2022) and RubberCon2022. All three events, IRICE 2022, IRGCE 2022 and RubberCon2022, will be happening on 6 to 8 September at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.
3. Datuk Hajah Zuraida said during her officiating speech, “government responsibilities include creating an enabling environment that will allow the Malaysian rubber industry to realise its full potential, achieve global excellence, maximize its contribution to the domestic economy, and fulfil its obligations to various sections of society.” “Our primary aim is to ensure that the Malaysian rubber made products are renowned across the world.” She added.
4. IRICE 2022, organized by Malaysian Rubber Products Manufacturers Association (MRPMA) and co-hosted by Malaysian Rubber Council (MRC), aims to define the opportunities and address the challenges faced by Malaysia rubber industry players, which include precured treads, engineered rubber products in construction, railway, mining and marine, latex foam and mattresses, rubber medical devices, rubber automotive components, and green rubber. It also aims to promote the dry and technical rubber exhibition in Malaysia, that covers six categories; art painting, handicraft & souvenirs, sports, recreational and general consumer goods, building, construction and engineering, electrical & electronics, automotive, masterbatch, rubber chemicals, machinery and equipment. IRICE 2022 is a platform for them to connect and network with each other, to boost revenue as well as facilitate knowledge sharing amongst the industry.
5. “IRICE has been an effective avenue to bridge the smallholders and manufacturers of the rubber industry, especially in assisting in policy creation and bringing the industry players together and thus be a platform for effective networking,” said Dr Daroyah Alwi, Chairman of MRC during her opening speech.
6. IRICE was first organized in 2017 by MRPMA, with an astounding success in attracting hundreds of participants and speakers. This biennial event is dedicated to promoting growth of the rubber industry, by discussing on related policies and promoting the upstream sector of the rubber industry. IRICE also benefits the downstream sector in helping to identify new market opportunities. "Our Vision is to make IRICE the leading exhibition for the rubber industry in ASEAN." said Mr Yeaw Kok Kwey, President of MRPMA.
7. Also present during the event were Encik Hizwan Ahmad, Chief Executive Officer of MRC, Mr Loh Yoon Han, Organising Chair of IRICE and management team of both MRC and MRPMA
. 8. As part of MRC’s initiatives in promoting Malaysian rubber products, the exhibition will bridge the trade promotion activities, business cooperation, technologies exchange for domestic and key players from within the rubber industry. To date, more than 80 companies have shown interest in participating and MRPMA is encouraging more participation from other rubber industry stakeholders to take part in the IRICE 2022. To participate, please visit www.irice.com.my.
MINISTRY OF PLANTATION INDUSTRIES AND COMMODITIES
14 FEBRUARY 2022