MALAYSIA INTERNATIONAL COMMODITY CONFERENCE
AND SHOWCASE (MICCOS) 2013
The Fifth Malaysia International Commodity Conference and Showcase (MICCOS) 2013 is a biennial event organised and hosted by the Ministry of Plantation Industries and Commodities (MPIC). It will be held from 24th to 27th of October 2013 (Thursday-Sunday) at Malaysia Agro Exposition Park, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia (MAEPS).
MICCOS is the premier event for Malaysian commodities industry which encompasses palm oil, rubber, timber, cocoa, pepper, kenaf, tobacco and sago. MICCOS will bring together the major commodity players consisting of smallholders, manufacturers, entrepreneurs, exporters as well as related agencies and organisations that are responsible for the development of the commodity sector in Malaysia.
MICCOS 2013 with the theme “Sustainable Commodity for A Better Tomorrow”, will feature the transformation of the commodity sector in accordance with the Government’s aspiration towards becoming a high income nation by the year 2020.
In addition, MICCOS 2013 will also be focusing on the environmental conservation efforts undertaken in the plantation sector. With an exhibition area covering 40,000 sq metres, MICCOS 2013 is targeting the participation of more than 450 local and international exhibitors as well as 50,000 visitors.
Objective of MICCOS 2013
MICCOS 2013 aspires to:
- provide more business matching opportunities between the local and international industry players;
- promote new innovation and technology in the plantation and commodity sector;
- attract new entrepreneurs to participate in the plantation and commodity sector;
- promote and expand networking and cooperation among the stakeholders in the plantation and commodity sector; and
- create a platform for the industry players to generate and exchange ideas for further development of the plantation and commodity sector.
What Awaits You At MICCOS 2013
- Exciting events will be held during MICCOS 2013, including:
- Commodity industry showcase involving the participation of domestic and international exhibitors;
- Conference and seminars concerning issues in the development of commodity sector, technology transfers and entrepreneurship, involving local and international participants;
- Business matching with the ‘Government to Business’ and ‘Business to Business’ concept;
- Development program for smallholders in the commodity sector nationwide;
- Entrepreneurial development program that will bring together the investors and entrepreneurs through the ‘Inventor vs Investor’ session;
- ‘Commodity Industry Awards’ to honour excellent performance of individuals and companies in the commodity industry;
- Career development program in the plantation and commodity sector as well as open interview sessions;
- Promotion of commodity-based products;
- Sale of Small and Medium Entrepreneurs (SMEs) products;
- Programs for ‘Friends of MICCOS’ club;
- Food court featuring popular dishes and delicacies from across the various states in Malaysia;
- Other programs such as: competitions, demonstrations and motoring activities; and
- The ‘Longest Chocolate Cake’ to be listed in the Malaysia Book of Records.
- Ministries and Government Agencies
- State Governments
- Commodity Smallholders
- Government-Linked Companies (GLCs)
- Private Companies
- Small and Medium Industries (SMEs) Entrepreneurs
- Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs)
- Research Centres
- Institute of Higher Learning Exhibition Profile
- Commodity Showcase
- Conservation and Environment
- Research and Development (R&D)
- Innovation and Technology
- Tools and Machineries
- Technology Transfers
- New Products
For more information, please contact:
MICCOS Secretariat 2013
Strategic Planning and International Division
Ministry of Plantation Industries and Commodities
No.15, Level 6-13
Perdana Boulevard, Precint 2
Federal Government Administration Center
62654 PUTRAJAYA, MALAYSIA.
|General Line||:||+603-8880 3300|
|Direct Line||:||+603-8887 8340 / +603-8880 3427|
|Fax||:||+603-8887 8341 / +603-8880 3441|
|Website||:||www.miccos.com.my / www.mpic.gov.my|